With fluctuations in gas prices, many New Jersey residents have embraced motorcycles to run errands and commute. For others, bikes are fun and help them cruise the coastline and enjoy the numerous scenic places that New Jersey offers.
Regardless of the reason you own a motorcycle, you should purchase motorcycle insurance from Costa Do Sol Agency Inc. Motorcycle insurance is mandatory in New Jersey. Failure to show proof could result in fines and penalties, including license loss. However, compliance with the law isn't the only reason you should purchase motorcycle insurance. This insurance offers other benefits like:
- Liability protection
- Property protection
- Medical payments
- Roadside assistance.
Types of motorcycle insurance
The best part of motorcycle insurance is that it comes with various options. This presents you with the opportunity to choose options that suit your budget and riding style. Some options include:
- Liability coverage: Bodily injury liability covers medical expenses and other accident-related expenses to third-party injuries where you are at fault. Property damage liability covers for third-party losses you have caused. While the state requires minimum liability coverage, check with your agent to ensure that the limits are sufficient.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Covers medical expenses sustained by you and your passengers during an accident. It also covers funeral expenses and lost income after an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Regrettably, while it's mandatory and vital to carry motorcycle insurance, some motorists don't have one, putting other road users at risk. However, when you are carrying this insurance, it doesn't matter whether you collide with a motorist with insufficient or no insurance. This insurance covers the damages.
- Collision coverage: Whether you hit another bike or a stationary object, collision coverage pays for the related damages. And even when your bike is totaled, your insurance covers the replacement up to your policy's limit.
- Comprehensive coverage: It pays for non-collision risks such as theft, vandalism, fire, falling objects, hail, and more.
Do you need more information on motorcycle insurance? Please contact Costa Do Sol Agency Inc., located in New Jersey. We will take you through the various motorcycle insurance options and help you choose those that fit your needs.